- When I first started out, I couldn’t find any course or guide that actually helped me become a better photographer. Everything out there was either packed to overflowing with technical terms or far too expensive for my means. All I wanted was to know how to take the photographs I could see in my mind – and nobody was helping me do that.
- That’s why I’ve written this guide – so you don’t have to go through what I did.
If you want to stand out from the crowd and capture all those magic moments for posterity, you have come to the right place. Most guides to digital SLR photography will overwhelm you with jargon, but you and I both know that’s not what photography is all about.
If you have paid out money to invest in a decent camera, I’m betting that, like me, you haven’t done so just to learn how many buttons it has or what lenses are made out of. In this guide, we’ll be sidestepping the boring technical information and focusing on what really matters: showing you how to use your camera to take the photographs you’ve always dreamed of, using all the benefit of my many years of experience as a photographer and the hard-earned knowledge I have gathered along the way. Some of the things we’ll cover are:
- How to compose an image to put the focus where you want it.
- The tricks and techniques the professionals use to make magic with their lens.
- How to tell stories with your camera by manipulating your angles and framing.